Thursday, February 7, 2013

Internet is actually working

So tomorrow is the BIG day. We are trying to get a ride to go to Horizontas without the whole group first thing in the morning, However we are on Honduran time, which is more "go with the flow" than I would prefer but I am dealing, we really want tomorrow to go off without a hitch. But we will see and go with the flow.

Tomorrow is also our last full day here, I feel like the week has gone by fast and slow at the same time, not really sure if that's possible but I am saying it is.

The reality of this trip had still not yet set in, with 3 mountain days myself, and sharing this experience with my new husband i am more than humbled by what I have seen. There has been extreme poverty and yet still happiness and hope.
Today in the mountains we saw mostly 5-6 year olds who had walked there that morning, I cannot get over those who walk hours home after having teeth pulled, by themselves. They are a great people and I can't wait to join the group next year.

It is our goal to share in Sonrisas Seimpre and "smile always"!

- Marie and James

No comments:

Post a Comment